How to Replace Batteries in Smoke / Co2 Alarm
You will know that it is time to replace the batteries in your smoke alarm by monitoring the status in your app and/or if the device itself begins to beep.
You will need 2 AA Alkaline batteries. You can either twist the smoke alarm off the mount and take it down to switch the batteries or leave it mounted.
- Looking at the smoke alarm, you'll see a latch in the top left corner.
- Using your finger, insert into the latch and gently pull out the battery compartment until there is resistance.
- Remove old batteries.
- Replace with new AA Alkaline batteries (make sure batteries are facing the correct position (+/-).
- Slide the battery tray back into place.
- Looking at the smoke alarm, in the top middle is the "Test/Silence" button; press and hold until it beeps to reset the alarm.
- Refresh the app to reflect the new battery percentage.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.