How to Assign a Hub to an Asset Before it has been Installed
You can create an asset before the hub is installed. If you are waiting for any devices but want to get the asset(s) created, the guide below will show you how to assign the hub.
On the left navigation bar click "Assets".
The Assets page will open.
Click "+ New Assets".
+ New Assets page will open a popup menu.
Step 3: Fill out the criteria needed on the new pop up
- Select the Asset Type - If your unit is a house, apartment, townhouse, common area, etc.
- Name - Give your asset a name that will help make the property easily identifiable. Example: Vacation Rentals - Sandy Shore. Apartments or Condos - Unit 23 or Apt. 12. You can also just enter in the address as well.
- Note - Assets are filtered by name on the asset page in numerical then alphabetical order.
- Community - If applicable, select the community the asset belongs to.
- Address of the asset - Begin to type the address of the asset, select the correct address from the popup menu and the rest of the information will autofill.
- Unit number of the asset. - If applicable, enter the unit information.
- Time Zone - Select which time zone the property is located in.
- API Code - (Application programming interface) This would be your PMS ID that would allow your software to integrate with Rently.
- PMS Data pull - (Property Management Software) Your unique property's ID will display here if there is software integration.
- Make another asset - If you are creating multiple assets, you can click this box and when you submit this create asset will pop up again.
- Duplicate this asset - If you are creating multiple units at one time that have almost all the same information except possible the name, unit number, API code, or PMS Datapull ID. You can click this box and once you submit the create asset box it will pop up will the exact same information then adjust what information you need to change.
- Then click the "Submit" button.
When you Submit, the page will refresh back to the Asset summary page. Use the search bar at the top to input the address that was just created.
The asset will appear, click on it to open the page up.
The Assets detail page will display. To now add the Hub/Devices, click "+Add Hub/Devices"
The +Add Hub/Devices menu will appear.
Under "Select Device" click on the gray drop down to display all of the available hubs. Select which hub is being installed at this property and click "Submit".
Once the submitted, the hub is now assigned to the address.
If you need any further assistance on this contact Rently Support 855.248.8144.