First Alert Smoke Alarm/Co2 Guide and Troubleshooting
Guide on the First Alert Smoke Alarm/Co2, about the product, and the manual for any additional information.
About the Product:
Additional SKUs:SCO7CN, SCO7CN-6, 1039824, 1039825
Power Source: Battery
Battery Type: Two AA
Sensor Type: Electrochemical, Photoelectric
Item Length:5 in
Item Width:5 in
Item Height:2 in
Item Weight:0.85 lb
- Talking Alarm Indicates Location and Nature of Threat: The First Alert SCO7CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm features a talking alarm that not only provides a verbal warning of the danger but also tells you its location so that you can plan your escape to safety. Easy to program and operate, the talking combination alarm allows you to choose between 11 pre-programmed home locations. Indicator lights on the face of the detector display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85-decibel alarm provides a clear, loud warning upon detection.
- Photoelectric Sensor Warns of Smoldering Fires: The battery-operated First Alert SCO7CN alarm comes equipped with a photoelectric sensor to provide the earliest possible warning of smoke and fire. The sensor is optimized to detect larger smoke particles produced by smoldering fires, such as those caused by unextinguished cigarettes. It also distinguishes between real threats, smoke, and vapor produced during showering, cooking, and other everyday activities, helping minimize the number of false alarms.
- Electrochemical Sensor Monitors CO Levels: The battery-operated alarm also features an advanced electrochemical CO sensor that detects carbon monoxide leaks from various sources, such as faulty fuel-burning appliances, blocked chimneys, and cars left running in the garage. The detector stores CO readings and verbally communicates the highest level of CO detected, allowing you to discern patterns that indicate potential leaks from an appliance, generator, or other carbon monoxide source.
- Battery Powered and Easy to Operate: Powered by two AA batteries, this combination smoke and CO alarm is easy to set up and does not require wiring. The detector features a pivoting, easy-to-access battery drawer that allows you to replace the batteries without dismounting the alarm. A one-touch silence/test button makes it easy to test the detector or mute it in the event of a false alarm. An end-of-life warning alerts you when it is time to replace the alarm.
- For in-depth instructions on how to install the smoke alarm please see:
- For Adding/Remove the smoke alarm please see:
- Battery replacement:
- Slide the tray out of the smoke alarm
- Remove the batteries
- Replace with 2 new AA Alkaline batteries
- Slide battery tray back in.
- Press the test button to reset the smoke alarm
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.
Article is closed for comments.