Adding Codes for a Specific Asset
The following list may be the reason why you would want to add a code(s) for a specific Asset:
- A Vendor requires access. - example: maintenance, landscaping, contractors, plumber, etc.
- The owner of the property that is being managed requires access - for example, vacation rentals.
Step 1: In the portal, on the left-hand navigation bar, click on "Assets."
The Assets page will display.
Step 2: Locate and click on the Asset to which you want to add a code.
That Asset will open.
Step 3: Click on the "Codes/Fobs" box.
The Codes/Fob box will open.
Step 4: Click on "+ New Code".
The + New Code box will open.
Step 5: Fill in the information.
- Access Code for - Who is this access code for, a Vendor, the home owner, etc.?
- Security Code - Generate a random code that could be customized (This will be a five-digit code)
- Validity - How long do you want this code to be valid?
- All - access to all locks associated with the Asset.
- Specific - access to a specified lock.
Once finished filling out the information, click "Submit."
Step 6: The page will return to the Asset details page. To verify if the code was created. Click on the Codes/Fobs box to see your recently created code.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.