Yale 156 (YRD156) Installation and Troubleshooting Guide.
Overview of the Yale 156 locks features some quick troubleshooting steps, as well as the installation and troubleshooting guide.
About the Product:
- 100% key free making it more secure than standard deadbolts because there's no cylinder to pick.
- Z-wave Plus is built in, and there's a single-step enrollment process for adding the lock to the compatible smart home and alarm system.
- Keypad wakes just by touching the Yale logo.
- You can lock the door by touching the logo as well. This is model Yale 156 specific.
- Create unique codes for people you trust and delete them when no longer needed.
- If the batteries die, hold a 9V battery to the bottom terminals for a temporary charge.
- The locks keypad is backlit, so it's easy to see at night, and the numbers won't wear off.
- Comes with a small bore hole adapter to fit doors with a bore hole of 1-1/2" or 2-1/8".
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty on the finish and mechanical; one year for electronics.
- Works with various Z-Wave smart and alarm systems: ADT, Honeywell, Alarm.com, Vera, Qolsys, 2Gig, and more.
- It is available in touchscreen or keypad models.
- Comes in 4 color finishes: Satin Nickel, Polished Brass, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Black Suede.
- Lock installation can typically be performed on any standard door cutout and can either replace the existing deadbolt (2 Borehole door) or a lever-based lock (single borehole).
- For more in-depth installation instructions, please refer to the link below:
How to lock/unlock:
- The lock can be unlocked/locked in various ways.
- Remotely from the app - if you use the Rently Keyless app.
- Locking from the keypad - Press the lock button on the keypad of the lock.
- Unlocking from the keypad - Input your 4-8 digit code to unlock the deadbolt.
- Locking/Unlocking manually - Manually turning the lock from the inside.
How to change the batteries. This will require a small tool (paperclip, small nail, toothpick, etc.) and 4 AA batteries.
- Use the took and insert the inside top of the lock where a small hole is located.
- That will remove the cover, exposing the batteries.
- Take out the old batteries, and put the new batteries in.
- Replace the cover of the lock.
If you need more in-depth instructions please see the link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0097/2433/0084/files/Installation_Manual_YRD156.pdf.
For more in-depth troubleshooting or installation guide, please see the link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0097/2433/0084/files/Installation_Manual_YRD156.pdf.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.