How to create a resident invitation
Invitations are sent to residents to allow them access and the capability to monitor their smart home devices.
Note: If you are using an integration system you will not manually add residents from the portal.
Step 1: In the portal, navigate to the left-navigation bar, click on "Residents".
When you click on "Residents" that tab will open. If you have not invited any residents yet, you might not see any resident invitations listed yet.
Step 2: Click on "Send Invitation"
When you click "Send Invitation" a new pop up will appear.
Step 3: Click on the "Choose property" and a menu will display. Select the appropriate property.
The Send Invitation menu will expand, continue completely the residents information.
- Privacy Mode - This is for vacation Rentals, leave that as "OFF".
- Enter residents information:
- First name
- Last name
- From - Enter the start of the lease date to the end of the lease date. (Optional)
- Email - Ensure the email they provide for this is the email address that is used to register on the smart home app.
- Phone number
- Door Code - You can generate a new code or you can pick a 5 digit code.
- Fob - You won't need to enter any information for this.
- Move out - You will only use this when a residents are no longer residing at the property. If you move them out too soon, it removes all their information and their code(s) from the property.
Step 4: Once all of the information has been completed click "Invite".
Step 5: The Resident invitation will now appear at the bottom of the pop up.
Once completed click the "X" in upper right corner to close the menu.
Note: Invitations are listed in numerical order by their "Property" not by creation date. For convenience use the residents search tool to locate a specific invitation.