Reasons why the Yale keypad may not be working.
- Batteries are dead.
- Internal connecting cable inside the lock is loose, kinked, or not connected.
How to solve the issues:
If you are inside the house:
Batteries are dead.
- Take the battery cover off of the back off of the lock.
- Remove all the batteries.
- Put in the new batteries, lock should play a chime noise.
If you are outside the house:
- If the keypad will not respond then contact the property management company to be let into the property.
- Locate a 9 volt battery.
- Underneath the keypad there will be 2 terminals, hold the 9 volt battery to the terminals for 30 to 60 seconds. Once this time has elapsed try to enter the code followed by the check mark to enter the home.
- If this is unsuccessful hold the battery back up to the terminals for an additional 30 to 60 seconds and try again.
- If you are still unable to gain entry please contact Rently support or the property manager for additional assistance.
Internal connecting cabling inside the lock is loose, kinked, or not connected.
How to check if the cable is kinked in the lock.
- Take the battery cover off
- Remove all 4 batteries
- Remove the 2 screws behind the batteries and the 1 screw at the base of the lock
- Separate the rear portion of the lock and check that the internal cable is not twisted or kinked.
How to check if the cable is loose or not connected.
- Take the battery cover off of the lock
- Remove all four batteries
- Remove the two screws behind the batteries and the one screw at the base of the lock
- Separate the rear portion of the lock and locate the internal cable.
- Firmly pull the cable from the wire harness
- Inspect cable and cable terminal for damage, bent wires, etc.
- If there is any damage to the cable or cable wiring, terminal, etc. please get in touch with Rently support for additional assistance.
- If there is no damage, re-connect the wire to the harness (please be sure the cable is fully inserted by listening or feeling for a slight click).
- Replace the back of the lock on the door.
- Re-insert the screws and batteries in the lock.
- Press each button on the keypad 1-0 as well as the check mark and gear button to verify proper operation
- If you are still experiencing a lock malfunction please get in touch with Rently Support.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.