How to Calibrate a Kwikset Lock
You will need to calibrate the lock to program which direction the deadbolt should extend. This process will only need to be completed once, as the calibration determines the direction for you.
- Right-hinge versus left-hinged (The direction the door opens).
Note: A Philips screwdriver will be needed for this process.
How to calibrate a Kwikset lock.
- Install the lock.
- The lock portion of the door that is inside the home has 2 screws that need to be removed from both sides.
- Once the screws have been removed, slide the battery cover up and off.
- Place the door in the opened position and lock the deadbolt.
- Slide out the battery tray.
- On the front keypad of the lock, press and hold the lock icon button.
- While holding the lock icon button, slide the battery tray back into the lock.
- Once battery tray is back in release the lock icon button.
- The lock will extend and retract a few times, the lock beeps when it is done.
- When successfully calibrated the light on the interior of the lock will flash green.
Verify that the device has been successfully calibrated by unlocking and locking the door in the applicable software and/or app.
Video Demo for Kwikset Calibration.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Rently support at 888-340-6340.