How to factory reset Yale Keyed locks
A factory reset it not always needed. These are circumstances in which you might need to reset the lock.
- If the lock needs to be assigned to a new hub and the you don't have the original hub number.
- The mastercode needs to be reset in the lock.
- Take batteries out of the lock
- Remove all screws on the back interior of the door
- Once screws have been removed take the lock apart, but still attached to the door.
- There is a Cable Hook that connects into a wiring harness
- Below the wiring harness is a button
- Insert all the batteries back into the lock while the lock is apart.
- Press and hold the button by the cable.
- While holding the button take out 1 battery.
- Continue to hold the button, leave battery out for 20 seconds.
- While continuing to hold the button install the battery.
- Once the battery is back in the lock, release the button.
- Lock should make a chime noise.
- Put 1 screw back into the lock to hold it together for now.
- On the keypad press Gear, 1, Gear, 12345, Gear.
- Lock should make another chime noise.
- Install the rests of the screws and then re-insert the batteries.
If you need any additional assistance please contact customer care at 323.336.8084.