What is Auto Sync:
The Auto Sync feature in Rently will perform a nightly check (once daily) with your property management software, and do the following:
- Import and add any new listings (including details, price, photos, application, etc.)
- Update all of your current listings to match any changes made in your management software
- Deactivate or remove listings that are no longer available in the Data Feed
- The property management softwares Rently pulls from are Appfolio, PropertyWare, Buildium, FreeRentalSite, & RentCafe.
- The sync is one way from your PM software to Rently, not Rently to PM Software. So if you change something in Rently, it will not reflect in your PM software. Any changes made directly in Rently will be overridden nightly by what is being pulled from your PM software. To make permanent changes, make them in your PM software.
How to Set Up Auto Sync:
Located in your Account > Integrations settings under the Property Import section, you can see if Rently is currently connected to a data source to pull properties from your property management software.
If the field next to "Source:" is blank, then please reach out to your Client Success Manager or submit a ticket using the blue Chat button located in the bottom right of the Rently site to have it set up.
The 'Property Import' Settings:
Sync Now link: Since the Auto Sync only performs an automatic check once nightly, we have added a way to manually force a re-sync of properties.
- Clicking this link will allow you to update all listings at once at any point during the day.
Last Sync Time: This is the last time that an Auto Sync was performed. This will update after Sync Properties Now is used.
Auto Sync: This turns Auto Sync either Off or On
When Property Is Not In Feed: This setting will change the status of properties that are no longer appearing in the data feed from your property management software. There are three options:
- Do Nothing: No change will be made. Properties will need to be manually deactivated
- Off Market: Turns off self-showing availability
- Delete: Removes property from Properties list, turns off the marketing, and unassigns lockbox