Once you receive your Rently lockboxes you may want to test them out and get a feel for how they will operate in the field.
Generate a Code:
Codes to unlock and unshackle your Rently lockbox can be generated from the Rently Manager Portal on the Properties page. Codes can also be generated within the Rently Manager App while you are in the field or on the go.
NOTE: If you are having trouble locating a lockbox, you can enter the serial number into the Quick Search field to find it.
Each Rently lockbox will have its own associated Unlock and Unshackle button for code generation. Clicking the button will display the code for manual entry onto the lockbox keypad.
Unlock: Access to the Key Cage/Vault Door
- Hold lockbox at base and press ENT until the keypad lights up
- Enter Unlock code (ENT+######+ENT)
- Allow motor to cycle, the "Ready" light should be lit
- Pull out and down on front of box
- Vault door opens by swinging down and open (like a Murphy's Bed)
- Place or remove key in key slot (up to 3 keys, 1-2 recommended)
- Push box closed until secured
Unshackle: For Installation/Removal from Property:
- Hold lockbox at base and press ENT until green “Ready” light appears lit
- Enter Unshackle Code (FUNC+######+ENT)
- Allow motor to cycle
- Pull up on U-Shackle at top of box
- Entire shackle will completely detach
- Place lockbox up to doorknob
- Place U-Shackle over top of doorknob and push into the slots at the top of lockbox
- Push until secured
Some additional notes on the Unlock/Unshackle functions:
The unlock/unshackle code is good for an hour and then expires. After an hour, you will need to generate a new code. It is best to leave a box shackled until you need to attach it to a property so the lockbox and shackle do not get separated.
If you are having difficulty with these steps or a lockbox is unresponsive, see our Lockbox Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks